Mat Course | Pilates Teacher Training
The 40-hour Mat Intensive is the initial course to take in becoming a certified Pilates Instructor. This course covers the foundation of Pilates fundamentals, as well as essential and intermediate Mat work exercises. You will learn how to create exercises for specific injuries and postural deviations as well as learning how to modify for clients of all varying levels.This course will cover how to integrate small props such as the flex band, small balls, weighted balls and fitness circles. After completing the examination you will be able to move forward to Reformer training as well as Cadillac, Chair, and Barrel to become a fully certified Pilates Instructor.
Upcoming 40-hour Mat Intensive:
- September 21 – 24 and September 28 – October 1, 2017 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC | FULL. Please inquire about waitlist opportunities.
- January 18 – 21 and January 25 – 28, 2018 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $1540 (plus GST) | Materials: $250 (plus GST)
Advanced Matwork will work through advanced Level 2 mat work exercises. This is an enjoyable course for anyone who is looking to challenge their clients with more choreography around stability, stamina, and balance. This course runs for six hours – so come and use your yearly CEC’s or learn how to advance your training.
Upcoming Advanced Mat Course:
- Wednesday July 5th, 2017 | 11am to 5:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $310 (plus GST)
Reformer Course | Pilates Teacher Training
Intensive Reformer: The Reformer is by far the most popular and diverse piece of equipment. Using light spring resistance, it not only supports clients through exercises that they may not be able to do on the Mat but it also offers a client with clear physical feedback so that they may have a better understanding of how to recruit their body’s connections.The Reformer not only focuses on the core, but gives you a large variety in which to challenge the arms and legs. In this 50-hour course you will learn some of the more rehabilitative exercises as well as higher-level, intermediate based work to challenge your most experienced clients.
Upcoming Intensive Reformer:
- February 21 – 25 and March 7 – 11, 2018 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $2200 (plus GST) | Materials: $250 (plus GST)
Advanced Reformer is an 18 hour course held over three days, that teaches exercises in the repertoire that require greater strength, stability and flexibility. Learn to use the various Reformer components and accessories to intensify reformer repertoire and provide a stimulating workout for athletes, dancers, and highly conditioned clients. You will learn 70 new exercises with multiple variations for variety and intensity.
Upcoming Advanced Reformer Course:
- Thursday July 6 – Sunday July 9, 2017 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $890 (plus GST) | Materials: $115 (plus GST)
Cadillac Course | Pilates Teacher Training
Intensive Cadillac builds on the material learned in IMP or IR. During the Intensive Cadillac course, you learn over 125 Cadillac exercises, that will become some of the most useful Private training work, that you can use with remedial or high level clients. This machine was designed from an old hospital bed, and can help clients establish some of the most basic movements. This machine also introduces you to much of the most exciting exercises, such as hanging from the horizontal upright bars.
Upcoming Intensive Cadillac:
- June 7 – 11, 2017 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- May 2 – 6, 2018 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $1080 (plus GST) | Materials: $250 (plus GST)
Advanced Cadillac is a 6 hour course held over one day, that prepares you to teach 28 exercises.
Upcoming Advanced Cadillac Course:
- Sunday July 16th, 2017 | 11am to 5:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $310 (plus GST)
Chair Course | Pilates Teacher Training
Intensive Chair course builds on the material learned in IMP or IR to prepare you to design and lead the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Stability Chair repertoire for personal or group training settings. The Chair is thought to be one of the most challenging pieces of equipment as it has the smallest base of support to work with. The Chair also ends up empowering you with many exercise done in upright, standing postures, which tend to be the most applicable for many of your clients needs. We will be working with Split Pedal Chairs which will bring focus to working bilaterally while challenging unilateral stability which makes it a great tool for working on postural imbalances.
Upcoming Intensive Chair:
- April 13 – 15, 2018 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $690 (plus GST) | Materials: $125 (plus GST)
Advanced Chair course is 3 hours and includes 14 exercises plus modifications, for the highly conditioned client.
Upcoming Advanced Chair Course:
- Saturday July 15th, 2017 | 11am to 2pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $180 (plus GST)
Barrel Course | Pilates Teacher Training
Intensive Barrels Course builds on the material learned in IMP and IR to prepare you to design and lead the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and Ladder Barrel exercises for personal or group training settings. These exercises will be ideal for realigning spinal curvatures and supporting postural issues.
Upcoming Intensive Barrels:
- April 28 – 29, 2018 | 11am to 4:30pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $470 (plus GST) | Materials: $220 (plus GST)
Advanced Barrel Course is a 3-hour course held over one day, that equips you with 14 exercises plus modifications for the highly conditioned client.
Upcoming Advanced Barrel Course:
- Sunday July 15th, 2017 | 3pm to 6pm | Vancouver, BC
- Course Price: $180 (plus GST)
Injuries & Special Populations Course | Pilates Teacher Training
Injuries & Special Populations (ISP) course equips you with the skills required to address a broad range of physical challenges among your clients. This course is an essential part of being a quality instructor and is highly recommended before beginning to teach Pilates to clients. ISP may be taken after any of the STOTT PILATES Courses and is required for full certification. This course is instructed by Tessa Crofton at Full Circle Studio in Vancouver.
Upcoming ISP Course:
- Thursday August 10th – Sunday August 13th, 2017 | Vancouver, BC
- 9:30am to 4:30pm on Thursday & Friday | 11am to 6pm on Saturday | 8:30am to 3:30pm on Sunday
- $1400 plus GST & materials
To sign up for the ISP course, please visit West Coast Pilates’ website here.
Course deposits are non-refundable. All courses and workshops must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to start date. All tuition fees are non transferable and non refundable. One hundred percent attendance is mandatory for all courses. Any hours missed will need to be made-up privately with an Instructor Trainer.
For more information about the STOTT PILATES® method and training, please visit Merrithew’s website here.
® Registered trademark of Merrithew Corporation, used under license.