We’ve basically found the best thing ever.
Well maybe not the best, but it’s pretty darn good. With the sun beginning to beat down on us, somehow we begin to find ourselves turned half-camel, half human and guzzling back heaps of H2O. Don’t get us wrong, it’s crucial to drink lots of water during these hot summer days, to ensure you stay healthy and hydrated. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t get fancy from time to time, and treat ourselves to a tasty (and alcohol free!) Fruity Lemonade from time to time. Plus, this one has sparkling water and blueberries, which are chalk full of antioxidants which help to prevent free-radical damage within the body.
· 2/3 cup white sugar superfine is best
· 2/3 cup water
· 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
· 1 teaspoon lemon zest
· 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice ~4-5 whole large lemons
· 2 cups ice cubes
· 3 cups sparkling water or club soda
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst.
Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Let this blueberry syrup completely cool.
Meanwhile, juice the lemons to get 1 cup lemon juice.
In a large blender, add the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and ice. Blend until smooth.
Stir in the sparkling water or club soda.
***For a healthier alternative, switch up the white sugar for a natural sweetener such as maple syrup or coconut sugar or stevia. ***
You can read here, for more details on this delicious drink.