Alright, we’ve hit the sweet spot when it comes to self love. This time, we’re talking about the holy-grail of baths. But… it’s not just your average bath. This my friends, is nothing other than the ‘Miracle Detox Bath’ and it only calls for 3 simple ingredients. All you need is 1 cup epsom bath salts, 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide & 1 cup baking soda, and voila: HEAVEN.
Not only is this recipe a slice of heaven, but it’s an incredible aid in detoxification. What does detoxing mean, do you ask? Well, detoxification is an elimination process that our bodies undergo in order to release toxins that we intake on a daily basis, whether it’s in the air we breathe or the food we eat. Our bodies are intrinsically programmed to detoxify naturally, but it doesn’t hurt to lend a hand and help the process along more efficiently.
By indulging in a Miracle Detox Bath, you’re not only improving your health and vitality, but you are actively strengthening your immune system and working towards disease prevention.
Our body most effectively eliminates toxins via the liver, by converting toxins and metabolic waste into water-soluble compounds which are eventually eliminated in our urine. Other ways our bodies work to detoxify are through our bowels and our skin via our sweat. However, not all toxins are so easily shaken, which is why taking a detoxifying bath is one of the simplest and most luxurious ways to enhance our all-over detoxification abilities.
Many of the benefits of a Miracle Detox Bath include…
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improve oxygen use
- Flush toxins
- Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
Okay, we’ll stop nerding out and just get to the juicy stuff…
How to Draw a Detox Bath
1. Add 1 cup Epsom salt to your tub of water. Ideally, you want the water quite hot as we are looking to create a nice sweat. If you have any of your favorite soothing essential oils such as lavender or eucalyptus, feel free to add them (approx.. 5-10 drops).
2. Add 1 cup of baking soda as this helps neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increase mineral absorption.
3. Add 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide. Reacting with the baking soda, it may make a fuzzy sound — don’t be alarmed! This is all part of the juicy process!
4. Immerse yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises and soak for at least 15-20 minutes.
5. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate and make sure to well hydrated!
To find out more about the Miracle Bath, read here.