We all know too well, how warped our bodies can become after even just a few minutes of collapsing in front of a computer screen. Our friends at Pacific North West Pilates, have come together with a few great pointers for postural health while sitting at the computer, that we thought we’d share.
- Sit further back in your chair. If your feet dangle off the edges, place them on a foot stool to keep your body in proper alignment.
- Keep your wrists straight, and fingers floating above the keyboard. Think like playing a piano.
- Place your keyboard at a distance in which your elbows can draw back towards the sides of your ribs.
- Place your monitor at eye-level, to allow your neck and gaze to stay straight.
- Get up and move around and stretch for 5 to 10 minutes every hour. And don’t forget to come for your Pilates classes to balance yourself out after a long day sitting at your desk. Sign up online here!